Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I'm soft...like a teddy bear...

Children see right past your imperfections don't they? The other night as I was tucking in the princess munchkin...I put my knee on her bed to reach the lamp above her to turn it off. She put her arms around my huge thigh and I on impulse jumped back...just my self-consciousness...she proceeded to tell me, "you feel good mommy...so soft, like a teddy bear!"...uh, okay...not exactly what I want my thigh to feel like...but a few minutes later I realized that children love teddy bears because of their cuddly appeal...and that was a wonderful compliment coming from a 7 year old...so I went in and gave her an extra little kiss on the forehead...nighty night little princess...dream of pretty things.

5 comments:

Steffi said...

Clara, I wish you and your family "Merry christmas" and nice christmas days!

Yours Steffi

Rachel said...

That was a beautiful compliment from her. :)

Merry Christmas.

Following In My Shoes

Clara said...

Thank you ladies! I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year as well!!!!

Beth Spiroff said...

Hey clara.....I think the bra thing is sooo cool. Do you think people would be interested in something like that in the boutique world? I put that site on my blog with a photo.

Clara said...

Hey Beth...I think that is an awesome thing...right? I LOVED it! I don't know how we could implement it...but I loved the idea!!!! I'm really trying to see how...any ideas?