Sunday, May 18, 2008

I must do my tag...

A couple of weeks ago I was tagged---again...this time by Annette, Pickles and Co., ...I've been so busy that I had not been able to get to it. Well, yesterday I was tagged by Beth of The Pink Tulip...SO, now I can do both at one time!

Okay, so just in case you have no idea what I am talking about...being tagged I must now list 7 random facts about myself and then tag 7 others to do the same. Well I've done this before, so here we go with 7 new things...


Hmmmm...

1. My husband and I used to be HUGE fans of Depeche Mode, we still listen to them occasionally of course, but we have a MUCH wider range of musical appreciation now...I also used to be a big fan of Anything Box and New Order...LOVED the music but never got into the fashion that that music brought along with it...so I always looked a little out of place, LOL!

2. I do not have a green thumb...not in any shade! I can not grow a plant...at all. My mother has a beautiful garden and has always been able to grow ANYTHING, honestly even a leaf will sprout roots for her. Sad, because I really do love fresh flowers and must have a bunch in a vase in my house at all times.

3. Since we are on the subject, my MOST FAVORITE flower is the tulip! I LOVE those beautiful little bulbs! I carried them in my wedding bouquet. My husband knows never to send me roses, they are beautiful but I'm not much of a fan...I'd rather get carnations.

4. I LOVE to swim...it is my ALL-TIME favorite activity! I can be in the water for hours...literally.

5. I LOVE ultra-modern furniture and design...I don't say contemporary, because when I sometimes come across something labeled as such...it doesn't look modern to me...I like nice clean lines. With that said, I have never been a fan of antiques.

I love houses like this and this, my husband has been designing one for us for years now...not sure when we'll get it built, but God willing we will.


6. As soon as the sun goes down, so do my shades! I can not have the blinds open with the lights on in the house...I feel as if I'm on display or being "peeped"...is that even a word? Hmmmm...so typically modern houses have large floor to ceiling windows...my husband is aware of my phobia, so he'll have to figure that one out...but he's good at it...SO, I'm not worried!

7. I LOVE shopping! My mother is my shopping partner and we can be at it for hours! My father often jokes that with the time we spent at the stores, we could have worked a couple of shifts! I don't buy much for myself anymore...BUT, I do love to buy for my children

Okay, YAY..I did it!!!! I'm so sorry it took so long Annette!!!! Thank you both for tagging me!!!

AND, now I will tag:

Michelle at Eat, Sleep, Create!
Eileen at Whimsy Portraits
Mary at Hoganfe
Myrinda at Fabrichound-the Blog
Jenn at Take a Bow Creations
Natlee at A small bit of something
Beki at Pampering Beki

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tag Clara! you may not have a green thumb but you sure are a talented designer!
Mary
hoganfe handbags

Michelle said...

Thanks for the tag, from one shopaholic to another! :)

Beth Spiroff said...

I love Depeceh Mode too, I saw them 2nd row once in Detroit.

I also do not like antiques... GIVE ME SLEEK AND MODERN! Love those homes.

Beth

Steffi said...

I love shopping too...
Great list!

Clara said...

Awwww...thanks Mary, you are very talented yourself...love your bags!!!

Michelle...put the money down, LOL!!!

Beth...it's nice to know we have things in common...AND, you beat me we once had 8th row seats!!

You too, Steffi, just put the money down!!!!

Wendy said...

i love depeche mode too! I love the song that came out last year (I listen to it over and over on youtube)...precious--it is the best!

Clara said...

Oh yes...love it!

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

I'm still thinking on this... I am so boring I can't think of anything to tell! haha!